"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Peaceful Retreat, Times of Refreshing. (Hibernation Week One)

This past week has been an amazing time of peaceful learning and moments of quiet reflection.

At the end of November my friend asked me if I wanted to sign up for an on line retreat called Hibernation through Beauty that Moves.  The site was offering the opportunity to split the cost of this retreat between two people.  At first, I wondered if it was wise to add something else to my days.  After I read through the description though, I knew it was something I needed to add to my winter season.  I consider myself truly blessed to be able to take part in this retreat.  I am grateful my friend suggested it to me.

The retreat is essentially a series of prompts centered around the ideas of nourish, gather, renew, create and rest.  Every day I have looked forward to these emails and the time I have spent in the online FB group with like minded people.  All of us striving to chase the winter blues away, while creating new, healthy habits that refresh the soul.

This week I have created my own little nook in a corner filled with my books, beautiful candles, my crochet tucked away beside my chair, a warm inviting hot water bottle made anew with my own hands, and a visual collage that reminds me of my winter wellness recipe.

My little nook is what has thrilled me the most.  I can begin and end the day in it, spend time in prayer, write in my journal, read, crochet, or have a tea.  I honestly can not find words to express how much doing this has meant to me.  It invites me to sit down a while, to find comfort in relaxing and joy in the moments of surrendering my soul to the quiet.  I am a busy Mama, to three wonderful children and wife to an amazing man.  My days and sometimes evenings are filled with much activity.  I have come to understand that slowing down, creating my own space for myself helps me to recenter and become 'me' again.  That will only improve the atmosphere in our home.  I am grateful for this past week, the gentle reminder that these things are important.  This has felt like a time of freedom for me.  I have loved every second.

My own little nook

The hot water bottle I crocheted a cozy for.

Remembering what is important.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you are enjoying it! And what a lovely post, I really like your vision board too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)