"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Monday, January 19, 2015

Working with Gesso! DLP2015 Week 2

I am behind on blogging about my Documented Life Prompts!  I have two to do today.  I think I will need to put them in their own section on my blog though.  I will have fun going back at the end of the year to see the progression.  January's theme for the DLP 2015 is "The blank page, and how to face it!"  The art prompt was gesso and the journal prompt:  "The beginning is always today" ~ Mary Shelley.

I used gesso to give texture to my background, mixed it with some light blue and hues of pink while working it into the page.  I used a tutorial to create my branches and bird.  I like the way it turned out!  I absolutely love painting birds.  They are my favorite nature selection to work with.


My little cardinal sitting on his branch.

I added in quotes that spoke to me.  I used the other half of the first page of this lay out to journal in throughout the week.  I enjoyed opening my page each morning to see him waiting there! :)

Morning coffee with some reading and writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)