"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Thursday, October 2, 2014

I Choose Trust

The old becomes new, time is redeemed, minds transformed by the power of a Holy God, and living waters flow over into the dry places.  These are the things I am choosing to embrace today, this week, it is my mantra wrapped up in the prayers that come from my mouth to God's ear.

These past few months have been difficult for our whole family but now that life is taking on its usual pace I am trying to play catch up.  I knew I  had missed some things and have been concentrating on making a running list today, so I can check it all off as it gets done.  It feels overwhelming and crazy at the moment.  As I talked to God about it, this particular set of verses came to me:

1 Peter 5:6-8  "Humble yourselves, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. Be self controlled and alert.  Your enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking to devour."

It really is God who works in me to will and to act according to His good purpose (Philippians 2:13). I was feeling anxious about everything I had missed and had yet to do for this entire month. As I added things to the calendar and the list I felt more and more overwhelmed.  I was feeling keyed up and out of sorts.  But my Father is faithful and gave me His words when I needed them, as the verses came, I realised that God will give me the strength to complete what He has given me to do.  I need to keep surrendering myself to Him.  As I humble myself; He'll lift me up!  As I thought about the last half of the verses I realised that I need not feel anxious about these things.  But rather give thanks that He is strengthening me for what lies ahead.  The moment I embrace the anxiety about what the month holds is the moment I surrender my joy and exchange it for a self deprecating attitude.  This is what the devil wants because it means I am less effective.

The month holds lots of activity but the greatest beauty of it all is that Jesus holds me through it.  And every moment, every activity, simply means meeting Him in it and allowing Him to work in me and through me in whatever I am doing.  When I look back through the past few months and the strength He gave me to do all I needed too, I know I can continue to trust in Him for the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)