"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Friday, May 2, 2014

Small Things: A Blog / Blog Entry Worth Reading

My heart is in agreement with a blog post I read this morning: Hard Times, Pretty Pictures.  She talks about how and why she posts on her blog and I couldn't have agreed more with her.

I remarked to a friend the other day that when I post something on my blog, particularly about my kiddos, I am highly aware that I am representing my children.  Perhaps at some point, they may even read what I wrote about them.  Small Things blog post sums it up when she says: "my heart is not the only one on the line." 

When I post on my blog, or take a snap shot for Instagram it brings me joy to capture the beautiful things we are doing, the precious moments that make it all worth it.  It doesn't mean I don't have hard moments, days, weeks or even months.  It doesn't mean that I am not facing struggles of my own.  It doesn't mean that I am being disingenuous.  It simply means that I  choose to acknowledge the good.  When I read or see about the moments others are having it makes me smile too.  And I am thankful it was captured and shared.

I loved Small Things Blog post because it resounded with me in so many ways, and was beautifully written.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)