"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Monday, May 12, 2014

As the Day Closes

As this day comes to as close I can't help but look back on it to see where God was in all of it.   Because He was and IS in this day, His presence is the thread that is woven into each moment of the day - the perfect ones, the ugly ones, the trying ones, the prayerful ones  - His presence never leaves, He abides with me.

As I sit back and look at the day I see Him in all the fullness of these moments:

In the quiet of the morning, when the day is fresh and new.

In the school work when I breath a prayer of patience for the child who is struggling.

When I read a good book with the kids and hear their laughter intermingled with mine.

As I write a poem into my commonplace notebook.

In the food I make and prepare.

In the praise and worship song blaring through the speakers.

When I watch my hand tremor as I hold my pen to correct a math paper.

When I stop the children from fighting.

In the message sent to ask for prayers for a family who is suffering a crushing loss.

In the thunderstorm.

In the encouraging words of a husband whose very words wrap me up in comfort.

In the FB message that tells me an uncle has gone to the hospital in grave condition.

In the emotional exhaustion of a sleepless night.

In the disappointment of plans changed.


He's there, in all of it and through all of it.  His hand holds me, and my name is written upon that nail pierced palm.  He's here as I write this, He'll be there tonight as I put my kids to bed  and lay my own weary head down upon the pillow.   I could chose to ignore that He's here but it never goes well when I do.  He's the great comforter and that very present help in trouble.

I am so very exhausted today, that deep exhaustion that seeps down into your soul, but God knows that too and He meets me there.  Then He fills me up again as I empty it all out before Him.  That's just who He is.  His blood cleanses, His mercies are new and His presence is with me - always.  My Grandma once told me: "Pray to acknowledge His presence, not to receive it, because you are His child He is with you - always.".







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)