"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Getting back to blogging

It's been a while since I have enjoyed writing on my blog!  I have been going through some rough patches, but I hope to get back to some regular blog posts now.

I struggled a lot to relax on our holiday in September, which is highly unusual for me!   And since I came back from holiday I have struggled with bouts of insomnia that were quite severe at times.  I think that sort of developed into some anxiety issues and it isn't easy to think well when one is so tired! :)  My Gran passed away in November, which I found difficult to deal with.  And I have been having some tremors for a while now in my hands and some internal tremors that contributed to my anxiety.  I turned a corner a couple of weeks ago, that I give God the glory for!  I wrote a blog post about it on my personal blog  Anchor of the Soul. 

I go to the Doctor's this week, and I am hoping for a referral to a neurologist, so I can get some answers for the tremors.  There are indications that it is likely Familial Tremors (also known as Essential Tremors), as my family history indicates this.  Getting the ball rolling on this has been difficult, but I have a peace about it now that I previously did not have.

So, all this to say, I am starting to feel better about getting back to doing some things I had once loved doing.  And I am thankful for God's leading in this.  In many ways I have felt like I have been in a desert this past little bit. Here for my kids and my husband, of course, but the lack of sleep hasn't been easy to deal with!   I am sleeping a lot better now, and my anxiety has left me.

So, I will be blogging here a bit more.  Not a ton, I am going to start off slowly with Book Sharing Monday and Weekly Wrap Up.  Looking forward to sharing about our school journey a bit more as this is a great passion of ours! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)