"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Nutritious & scrumptious Lentil Soup


In our home we are Gluten Free so I am always on the look out for good recipes that are healthy, taste good and are GF.  I also try to use up our left overs in unique ways so nothing goes to waste.  This lentil recipe is one of my favorites to use left overs, and to eat!  

Last night I cooked a small chicken.  When I cleaned up I threw all the left over chicken bones and the giblets in the crock pot, turned it on low and simmered it all night long.  In the morning, I strained the broth, scooped up the fat on top and used it to make this lentil soup.  The recipe is from the all recipes site - see here.  It is written as a stove top recipe so what I did instead was throw all the ingredients in the crock pot and put it on high, I turn it on low as the day progresses.  When it it finished I either eat as is, or throw it in a blender (or food processor) and blend it until is is chunky.  I add a touch of vinegar and the wilted spinach.  This soup, not only tastes fantastic but it is packed with nutritional value!  The home made chicken stock combined with the lentils (lots of protein) and veggies is a great meal for healthy living! :)

SOOOOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)