"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Turkey Stir Fry with Rice Noodles

I whipped this up using lots of left overs.  I simmered some oriental stir fry seasoning, garlic, onion and turkey in about 3/4 cups of home made turkey broth until the onion was tender and there was only a little broth left over.  I added in some carrot, red pepper and spinach until warmed through.  I then added some spinach and rice noodles.  The rice noodles were quick and easy to make! I poured some hot water over them and let them sit for 8 minutes.  They were nice and soft.  I would have added broccoli and water chestnuts had I had some!   The kids loved it and it was a great way to use left overs.  They had it for lunch today.  My daughter ate hers with chop sticks!  :)

It's a nice comfort meal on a cool day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)