"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Familial Tremors

I've been having what is known as Familial Tremors which is an inherited condition in which primarily the hands/head/eyes involuntarily tremor. It is not life threatening nor is it Parkinson's Disease but it's been upsetting me because I feel like I am getting older then I'm suppose to be. My Mom, Aunt, Grandpa and Great Grandma had them starting around their 50's. By the end of my Great Grandma's life she had them quite bad (but she was 90!). They're very slight right now and often affect my left hand especially when I'm holding something like my iphone, Kindle or coffee mug. The things that are suppose to make it better are: to reduce my stress level, cut out caffeine, increase physical exercise, and get more sleep. So I've decided to make some changes in my life to concentrate on my health and my family. I've gained some weight, more then is usual for me but we suspect that is from my issues with my gall bladder. I was barely eating anything when I was in so much pain yet I was gaining weight. We think it was because my body went into starvation mode and packed on the pounds from what I could eat. :( I'm hoping that after I have taken care of all this my health will improve and I'll feel better with more energy to do the things I need to.

3 comments:

  1. sorry to read about these issues with your health. hope it will improve ((hug)). hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you know what needs to be done and you have a plan. I know you can do it. Maybe it's your body's way of letting you know that these changes need to be done so that you don't have more serious issues. We all have some kind of warning system in our bodies. Mine is sinus and headaches - likely also genetic. Hugs and good job with making positive lifestyle changes. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! My goal is to get healthier as well. Haven't lost my baby weight from #4....seems like I've had no will power. Hope you get the gallbladder issue dealt with soon. I know it has been a long time. Will be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)